Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthday, Food, and Anniversary

Happy Birthday Brooks!!!


I got to spend the day with Brooks on Friday while Loren and Jennifer prepared for his first birthday party! I had a great time. Especially since I didn't have to share him with anyone! I am looking forward to him spending the night with us in a few weeks! We will have a blast!
Loren and Jennifer really outdid themselves on the party, but most parents do for the first party! I can't believe that he is a year old. It just doesn't seem like it has been a year! It was nice for our whole family to be together again. It was nice to have another family picture.
On a totally different note, Todd and I watched Food Inc. If you haven't watched it, I would recommend that you watch it, but don't eat meat before you do! Needless to say, we are changing the way that we eat around here. We are going to be buying locally and eating less meat, unless it is local and grass fed! I know that it may sound crazy, but Todd and I feel that it is what is best for our children. I want my kids to grow up healthy and if our food is full of ammonia and poisonous gases then we don't need it in our bodies! We are going to be planting a garden and all of our veggies will be organic! Maybe we are just jumping on the crazy bandwagon, but maybe we will be a little healthier!
On another different note, Todd and I will be celebrating our 14th anniversary tomorrow! WoW 14 years!! I am so glad to be married to my best friend and that we have come so far in the 14 years that we have been married! I look forward to many more!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary! What a wonderful accomplishment.
I wanted to tell you that you might want to check with your local 4-H club on the meat. Tim and I buy a cow every year- locally grown and fed! It has way less fat and it is delicious. As far as cost, when you add up meat expense for a year, it usually is around the same. You may even want to start with just 1/2 or 1/4.