Friday, February 5, 2010

10 Things I Didn't Know Until I Became A Mother

1. I didn't know how tired I would be, even still when they get older.

2. I didn't know how little I actually knew!

3. I didn't know that I could love someone with every ounce of my being.

4. I didn't know that that person I love with every ounce of my being could drive me so crazy!

5. I didn't know that I would actually miss reading Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel for the millionth time.

6. I didn't know that I could have so many hopes and dreams for one person.

7. I didn't know that a little person would go through so much laundry (and still do that since they are older.)

8. I didn't know that such little people could make me feel so guilty.

9. I didn't know that Barney would actually be welcomed in my house and car.

10. I didn't know that the bathroom would become my favorite place....until they find me anyway.

10. I didn't know that I would actually turn into my mother, even though I know now that is not such a bad thing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll be reading Mike Mulligan to your nephew!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Too funny! You're such a good mom!