Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catch Up

We dropped the girls off at camp on Sunday! We were a little worried about Savannah because she would tell us that she had butterflies in her tummy. Well, it has been almost a week and that little stinker has been fine! She called and left us a message the first night, but that has been it! When we were getting ready to leave, she had already made a friend and was ignoring us! I am so glad, but I am also sad at the same time. I am sad that she is old enough to go to camp, but happy that she is doing well.

Morgan called once and said that it was so HOT and that she was really tired. This is Morgan's second year going, so we were not that worried about her, since she knew what to expect. Morgan is the one that I think gets a little homesick! She loves camp so much though!

Zachary got his first taste of camp this year. My little brother, Rett, had been going to the FC (Florida College) camp like the girls, but they found another camp that is A LOT closer! The camp, Back Woods Christian Camp, has a one night camp for the younger kids called, June Bug. My parents and brother went to help, so they took Zach along. He thought that he was something big! He had a great time, from wondering the camp in the middle of the night (crazy boy) to making a tye-dyed mud shirt. He cannot wait to go next year! He will also be old enough to go to FC Camp, so if he goes, Todd and I are thinking about being Counselors, but hopefully we will be getting a classroom together for Todd!

Well, Todd has been laid off for a week. He has gotten a lot of stuff done around the house. He got all the metal junk out from behind his shed, he has got the van running, cleaned out and washed. He even cut our neighbors grass since he has been out of town! Today he is going to clean out the Tahoe and get it looking nice again. Those limestone roads in Florida, to his Grandparents house are awful! I think that he is realizing that being home is not everything that it is cracked up to be.

I have been packing for the beach! I want to make sure that we have everything that we need, so that we don't have to go pick up "stuff" when we get there. I am actually glad that we have had this planned for over a year, and we have already paid most of our part for the Condo. I think that it will be nice to GET AWAY and spend time together and have fun. It will be good for us considering the situation and since school will be starting soon.

I think that my theme is going to be "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems!" Except that I will wear shoes because I can't stand dirty feet and I will wear a shirt for obvious reasons, I just want the NO PROBLEMS part!!

The girls will be home tomorrow! Believe it or not, I can't wait! They are riding back with my brother and sister-in-law! I am glad because it is about a 6 hour trip from Prattville.

Zach and Landon are going to spend the day at my parents house, swimming. I hope that I am able to get the packing close to an end before I have to wash the girls clothes from the past week. Never know though, I have not been sleeping well, so this might be the best time to try to catch up!

I will try to update more often, I just have not felt like it much lately!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed camp with Morgan and Savannah! They are both such sweet girls. How are things going with Todd's job? Ya'll are in our prayers.