Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A New Summer Week

The kids a great time with my parents over the weekend. They swam and swam and went to the movies and swam some more. They had a great time!!

Today, I was not 100% sure what I was going to do with the kids, I decided that we would pack a lunch and go back to the creek in Millbrook. Christy and her kids (and Andrew), met us there and we let the kids play. Christy and set our chairs up at the edge of the creek and enjoyed the nice cool water on our feet and the soft trickle of the moving water ( and the screams of playing kids!)










After the creek, the kids and I headed to Bass Pro Shop to their Summer Fun Family Seminars. The kids had a good time learning how to bird watch, fishing basics, insect and plant saftey, and shooting basics. For each seminar that they listen to and fill in the activity book, they get a cute little pin. We completed four of the eight today. It was neat and something fun to do.


















After Bass Pro Shop, we came home and waited for Todd to come home and we headed over to the Clark's (and the Jolie Kid's) house to swim. Teresa and Frank are some friends that we made from baseball. We enjoy hanging out with them. All of the kids had a good time and Todd and I enjoyed the company.











We got home around 8:00 and luckily I had put a roast in the crock pot to make a great recipe that I got from my friend Vicki ( check out From My Kitchen To Yours under Reflections). It was a huge hit and even little Miss Picky Savannah ate it up.

Well, the end to another busy day. Tomorrow, I "plan" to clean house and do laundry. We will see how that goes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are having a great summer! Wish we were closer by so we could get together! I got your message on FB, but couldn't find the "book" that you were talking about. Try sending it again or tell me what I need to do to access it. Have a great day!