Monday, June 15, 2009

Slashing the Bill at Publix

When the kids got home yesterday, we loaded up and headed to Publix! I hear all the time that they are so expensive, but I don't really spend any more there than I did at Wal-Mart. At Publix, I get better service and I rarely have to wait in line. They even take the bags to the car!

After searching for coupons, and looking at the sales, we walked into the store with a stack of coupons and the hope of a lower grocery bill! I had not been to the store (really shopping) in about 2 weeks, so we were really out of EVERYTHING!

At the check out my total was $256.91
I used $39.29 in coupons
Advertised special equaled $47.18
Advantage Buy Savings $5.99
Final Total $164.45

I saved a total of $92.46

I am very excited! I saved almost $100!!!

I think that is the only time that Todd actually enjoyed going to the grocery store! I can't wait until my next trip!

1 comment:

My name is Kristie said...

That's awesome!
It sure feels great to save $100!

Kristie