Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wednesday!

Our week has been very uneventful. I have been helping Alicia with VBS since Sunday night, so that is keeping us busy and tired. It has also been good for me and Todd. We have had many conversations about our faith, the Bible, and our beliefs. I am sure that was not the goal of this particular church, but it has defiantly had a positive influence on us.

As you know from the last post, I have been really researching ways to shop for less on groceries. It seems like we go through more groceries during the summer, so I am trying to become more frugal. I have read up on things like making your own laundry detergent, fabric softener, cleaning products. The kids ask if we are going back to Pioneer Times, and I tell them that I love my cell phone and computer too much for that, but close. I will let you know how these things work out when/if I try them. I like the idea because, I will know what is in the products because I make them myself. Not only will they be healthy for my family, but also more green for the environment. If it saves us money that is a GOOD THING!

Yesterday, when Zach woke up he said that he smelled donuts and wanted to know if we could go to Donut Heaven. Well, I told him that we could make our own donuts! He thought that I was crazy! I remember my Mom making these when I was younger, so I gave it a try! The kids thought that it was so neat. I am sure the breakfast of fried dough and sugar, frosting, and sprinkles, was not the best way to start off the day, but it was fun, and we don't do it everyday. It is actually pretty easy. Here's what we did.










Yesterday I also had a conversation with Zach that I thought was really funny, I might be the only one, but it was the mind of a child.

me: Zach, you need to clean up your room before Mrs. Christy brings Seth and Jordan over.

Zach: yes ma'am

me: Zach, you need to make up your bed too!

Zach: Why do I have to make up my bed everyday?

me: (not wanting to answer because I said so) Because my Mom made me make up my bed and it makes your room look nice.

Zach: Well, Momma, don't you think that if your Mom was mean to you, you should be nice to your children!!

me: laughing, laughing, laughing, make up your bed.

I could not even respond the way that I wanted because all I could think about was that I was so mean because he had to make up his bed, which by the way takes like 30 seconds!! I cannot wait to remind him of this conversation when he has kids. I wonder if they will have to make up their beds?

I am looking forward to the weekend. The kids are going to Dothan, Todd has to go to ASU and take the Praxis, and we hope to recover from this past week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My!! Those donuts look amazing- I will be trying that recipe. BTW, don't give up on me and the book club! We are getting ours in the mail this week!