Thursday, July 3, 2008

Almost Over!!

I cannot believe how fast the week has gone by! I am not even ready to leave today! Good thing that Todd does not get off until 5:00, I still have a few hours to procrastinate. I have had a pretty good week. Morgan has called a few times and as the week progressed, I could tell that she is getting homesick! I am missing her too, terribly bad (do not tell her!!) We have to have her picked up by 11:00am tomorrow!

Our plan is to stop in Dothan tonight and stay with Todd's parents and then head down to High Springs to pick up Morgan! We are thinking of staying in Florida Friday and taking the kids floating down the river!! Then heading back to Dothan Saturday morning! I am NOT looking forward to being back in the van.

Well, yesterday, I kept Andrew for Alicia because he was sick and could not go to daycare! I am keeping him today also! He is so precious! I hope that he is feeling better soon!

I also cut the front yard yesterday, I tried to recruit some help, to no avail.


I took Zachary and Savannah bowling! We had a great time, except that we thought that we would be great since we play the Wii when we are at his parents, boy were we wrong!! Zachary beat us the first game (with bumpers) then the last game (we only played 2) I figured if I could not beat them I would join them, so I used bumpers too! They thought that it was so funny! I did win though! We had a good time! I wanted to do something special with them that we don't usually do!







Today we are packing and picking up the house a little!! I HATE to come home to a messy house!!

Oh, Todd finally got the van fixed, it took 3 days, but it is FIXED!! The alternator went out on the van Monday night when Todd was on his way home from work. We made it Auto Zone, but then the van would not crank. They got it "crunk up" and we headed home after spending $250 on the part! CRAZY!! Do we really need the alternator? I mean can we not bypass it? That is a lot of money for a car part. Well, we were almost home and they van died. Oh my word.....we actually coasted to my Aunt's house! So Todd had to fix the van there! The alternator was behind the engine and very hard to get to. I think that he had to take everything out of the van except the engine. DJ came over last night and helped Todd get it all put back in and it went pretty fast! The van is running like new! Thank goodness, I did not want to have to drive the Tahoe to Florida, can we say gas guzzler!! Well, this is my final post until next week! I hope everyone has a great Fourth of July!!

2 comments:

becky said...

be careful traveling. she may have been a little homesick, but next week she will probably be begging to go back!!

Yancy and Joy said...

Hey! I'm so glad you stumbled upon our blog and left me a comment! Your kids are so cute! I'll pass along your message to Mom!