Monday, July 28, 2008

Joe's Crab Shack






We had a pretty good weekend! The kids were in Dothan. We met Todd's parents in Troy on Friday night at the Sante Fe. (we love this restaurant because kids meals are $1.99 and we always get a combo plate and share! the only steak place that we can eat at very cheap!)


On Saturday, Todd and I got up and worked outside. Todd cut the grass (it looks like people live on our house and it is not abandon now) and I worked in the garden (you can see our plants now!) We were on a roll until the rain came. I did not even know that it was supposed to rain. Well, it was a nice surprise because we went ahead and got cleaned up and we both took a nap on the couch.


"The Gang" had planned to take a road trip to Hoover to go to Joe's Crab Shack. All five of the adults piled into DJ's Charger! I can only imagine the sight we must have been. Well, after a few U-turns, DJ finally got us to our destination. The wait was not long at all and the food was good! I did have some crab for the first time! I think that I might like it! We all got t-shirts and then headed to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.


The wait to get into the Cheesecake Factory was ridiculous, so we just killed some time at the Summit. Alicia and I went into Pottery Barn Kids to dream and the guys went into the Bose store to get their heads filled with a lot of wants!


On the way home, Alicia drove and the guys sat in the back! We had a great time on the way home. We even made a stop in Clanton to cruise the strip! I didn't even know that there were that many people that live in Clanton. Downtown was one happening place. The sight was hilarious. Oh well, we had a few good laughs and then figured that we had given the teenagers enough to laugh at so we head on back to Prattville!


We had a great time and I hear that we are planning to go back next month! I just might get crabs like everyone else!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey, you can check out www.southernshows.com and all of the info is there. The tickets are about $9, I think. I ordered mine and they are being mailed to me. Jon & Kate are speaking on Thur. Oct. 2 at 1:00. I'm gonna make sure I get there early. I'm so excited I can't stand it!! Oh, it's at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex. Maybe I'll see you there. :)