Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Weekend

Well, the weekend was long, but I think that we had a good time. The plan was to leave Zachary and Savannah with Todd's parents so that we could make the trip to camp special for Morgan.

We headed to Dothan Friday afternoon after Todd got home from work. There is nothing major to report about the first part of the trip, except that it cost $100 to fill up the van. $100 DO YOU HEAR ME????

The next morning, Todd, Morgan and I left his parents house at 6:00 to head to Tampa to see Todd's friend Josh. Tampa was past where the camp was so we went to down to Tampa and back up to drop Morgan. Well, we finally made it to Tampa, which by the way, feels like it is 50 hours from Dothan.

We finally got to the Manaugh's it was around 3:30 (I think). Todd had not seen Josh in like 14 years. (They grew up together in Germany when their Dad's were stationed there!) It was nice to meet someone that Todd grew up with. Josh and his wife, Beth were so much fun! They also had the cutest little girl, Emma. We had a great time visiting with them. I posted pics from our trip to Tampa (Todd and Josh grilling) (Morgan and Emma!)

Sunday morning we got up and headed North to go to church where Todd's uncle preaches. After we had lunch, we headed to camp.

Morgan was so excited and I could tell that she was getting a bit nervous. We got her settled a bit and left. It was hard to leave her. I did cry for about 10 miles and then I called my Mom (my mom and dad had dropped off my little brother also). We have talked to her for about 3 minutes on Sunday night and she said that she was having a great time!

We got home Monday morning and Todd went on to work and Zach and Savannah hung out!

Well, today we took the dogs to the vet and I am glad (sort of) to report that Nixxie is pregnant! So soon we will have Basset Hound puppies for sale (any takers???)

I guess that this is just a quick summary of the events of the last few days. There is more, less exciting events, like the alternator going out in the van last night when Todd got home from work!


Morgan and Emma

Todd and Josh grilling steaks!

No comments: