Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can I have a Do-over?

If I could be granted a do-over for one day, then yesterday would be one of my top picks! I had the day planned (will I ever learn?) We were going to clean the house, do laundry, and pick up the back yard. With all the chores done, we would be able to pack for the weekend and maybe do something fun today! Well, it did not work out that way. Our not pregnant dog threw up four times on Tuesday. Weird, but I had given her a "new" flea pill that I had gotten at the vet last week. She seemed better by Tuesday afternoon, but yesterday when I got up she was acting odd again. She seemed like she could not move her backside. Then she went into the girl's room and POOPED!! I knew then that something was very wrong. They never have accidents in the house. They go out the doggie door and do their business and then come back in. I made a quick decision to take her to the vet after I talked to my mom. Well, at first Dr. Larkin thought that she might have a back injury(surgery)--nope--then she thought that she might have an obstruction in her intestines (surgery)--this has been semi-ruled out. She said overnight ($$$$$$$$) and they were going to give her some antibiotics. She asked me if she could have gotten into anything and I am not sure. Anything is possible, but normally what one does so does the other. I am hoping for a good report this morning and I will be able to go get her.

Well, after I had spent all of my morning at the vet, I came home to start on my laundry! I happened to notice water on the floor. There was not a lot, but enough that I thought I was going to go nuts. As it turns out, the pipe in the wall where the water drains out was leaking. After I called Todd crying, my Aunt and Uncle came over and got it all figured out. Well, by now Todd is home and I have gotten a lot of nothing done. I am hoping and praying and wishing that today is a better day! I hope to get a good call about Minnie and I hope to get a lot done.

The kids are going to go to my parent's house this afternoon to spend the night and hang out with them until tomorrow when we get ready to leave. I hope that I can get everything together. I am excited about leaving. I need a vacation after this week (even if it is for a few days.) I am also looking forward to camping, it seems like forever since we have done that.

Well, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers today!! For now, I am going to go lay in the bed until the kids get up, I feel like I just need a little meditation time (SLEEP)!!

No comments: