Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

I don't usually blog on the weekends, but I thought that I would add a special post for today honoring three special men.

First, I want to begin by saying I have a great Dad! For those of you who do not know, my dad had a stroke almost a year ago! My Dad is only 52, not old enough to have a stroke. It happened on the Fourth of July last year! Since they live in Clanton the ambulance took him to Shelby Medical Center! Todd did a great job getting us from Prattville to the hospital in about 35 minutes (should have taken about an hour!) I have never been so scared in my life! That was the longest 35 minutes I have ever experienced. My Dad got to the hospital in time to get a drug that helps with the side effects of the stroke. After several days in ICU and a day or so in a regular room, my dad walked out of the hospital with only a small blind spot in his vision. I am so thankful that I did not lose my dad that day, not only for me, but for my mom and my brothers, and my kids! I am so thankful that my dad is strong and that we still have him around!

Next, I want to say what a great dad my husband is! Todd works hard at his job! His job is not an easy one!! He has to stay in the heat all day!! He also works hard at school! He should graduate December 2009. I am so proud of him! He is setting a great example for the kids by getting his education. He is also great with the kids! He is the voice of calm and reason with them. He is a also a great coach on their sports teams. He is always there for them and supports them. I am so glad that my kids have a great dad in their lives. When they are older they will realize how lucky they are!

Finally, I have a great father-in-law! I am so thankful of the example that he was to Todd growing up and still today! I can see a lot of Todd's dad in him (sometimes that scares me!!).

I am so thankful for the Dad's in my life and for the great examples that they are to my children, especially my son.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

No comments: