Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Before I get into the thankfulness, I had an odd epiphany yesterday as I was washing dishes. I have been married for 12 years, I have been a mother for 11 years and I am 30 years old. Sometimes it is hard for me to think that I am 30. I don't feel 30 (some days I feel 50!) Anyway, Morgan came up behind me and said,"Momma", I heard her but I did not hear her. She repeated it again, "Momma." I then turned around and looked at her a the realization hit me..."Oh my word, I am this kid's MOTHER!" After 11 years, you would think that I would know that! Am I losing my mind in my old age? It just hit me like a ton of bricks. I guess that I am growing some and realizing that I am not the kind of mother that I want to be all of the time. I am working hard on this. Sometimes, I let other things such as, bills, housekeeping, things that I want to do get in the way! Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers & requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think & feel. ~Philippians 4:6,7. I guess that I need to think more about this verse Man, I didn't think that having so many roles would be so hard! Please pray for me as I search myself to be the kind of wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend that I should be. I guess she saw the look on my face because she just stood there and looked at me and then walked off. I still don't know what she wanted.

Now that you think I have seriously lost my mind ( and I could very well have) here is a list of my thankfulness for this week.

1. I am thankful that we had a lot of rain yesterday.
2. I am thankful that they are coming to look at my dryer today.
3. I am thankful that the power went of during the middle of the night and we got ann extra hour and half of sleep. (Oops!! Todd was late for work)
4. I am thankful that Zach gave us a good laugh last night by giving himself a mohawk! (pics to follow later!)
5. I am thankful that it is summer and we do not have to drive much.
6. I am thankful that I have a great husband and my children have a super dad.
7. I am thankful that Morgan is going to FC (Florida College) camp this year.
8. I am thankful for my little boy,who at times, is not too macho to snuggle with his mom!
9. I am thankful that Morgan is outgoing and enjoys singing and dancing and putting on shows for us.
10. I am thankful that Savannah was my little shadow yesterday (even though I didn't think so at the time) and followed me around everywhere wanting to help.
11. I am thankful that I will be transferring to AUM in the fall.
12. I am thankful that Grandma is having dinner (all day) at her house Saturday with all the family.
13. I am thankful that my phone has a DO NOT DISTURB button, so I do not have to listen to the phone ring all day with UNKNOWN CALLER calls all day. (I hate political surveys, telemarketers, and household surveys!!!!!!)

No comments: