Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Update

I am not updating menu Monday today because this week it will only be Todd and I eating supper at home so we will eat whatever, except for tomorrow night! Tomorrow is his 32nd birthday, so as it is our custom, he gets to choose the meal! He has chosen schnitzel with fried potatoes. The kids are going to vacation bible school with our neighbors and they feed them there. Savannah is also going to VBS in the mornings with another friend. At least, they are doing different programs.

Well, our weekend was quite lazy. Friday we were supposed to go to Todd's cousin's house in Fultondale, but since I was baby-sitting we did not have time to make it. Instead we went over to Ben and Alicia's and Todd helped Ben work on the new porch. We stayed over there until pretty late, as we normally do. Zachary got stung by a bee for the first time. He thought it was a fly near him and swatted it and it stung him on the leg. After the first inital shock of it (the screaming and crying) he was a trooper! I felt so bad for him!!

Saturday, even though we got up early we only went to the grocery store. Yep, that is pretty much all that we did. I hate that we wasted an entire day, but it was nice just to hang out.

Sunday, after church, we came home and I cooked a big meal and DJ came over and ate with us. After lunch we ran to Wally World to get Todd's sunglasses fixed. Then we stopped my my Aunt's house to check out their garden. I wonder if mine is ever going to start yielding veggies. I am trying to be patient. TRYING is the key word. Well, after that we went back to Ben and Alicia's and sat out on the porch while Ben installed fans. We also had dinner over there!

Well, that is about it. Morgan has about a week before she goes to camp! She is so excited and so am I! I think that she will have a great time. I am just a little nervous for her too. She has never been away from us for a week. I know that it will be a great experience for her.

Well, we hope to close on our house tomorrow! I have not heard for sure yet, but I sure hope we do!! Please keep that in your prayers. This feels like it has been a long experience (even though it hasn't!) and we will be glad to get it over and leave Countrywide!!

No comments: